View Single Post
      05-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #46
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I didn't read all the comments word for word basically skimmed the entire thread so forgive me if someone has already stated this.

OP, you stated that you have no interest driving erratically and the only intention is to save time, you are married with a toddler and want to be safe. Then you don't need a motorcycle. I've always wanted a bike but personally do not ride for one simple reason, I know my own personality all too well and enjoy breathing. By no means am I against motorcycles, damn near everyone in my family and most of my friends ride. What I will say is to prioritize your life. What is more important, coming home to your wife and son everyday or saving time. You have to realize that no matter how safe you are, that only covers 50%, the other drivers make up the other 50%.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy here but seriously weigh all your options and decide what is most important to you. If you wife and son are important, sacrifice your time to make it home safely. This, as will all things in life, is a catch 22. Choose wisely. My father rode from the time he was 16. He was hit head on by a drunk driver trying to shorten out a curve. The guy was so drunk he didn't even realize that he my father as was trying to start his car to drive away when the ambulance and police showed up.
Appreciate 0