Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
But that's where the profits are, wouldn't you think?
I suppose it depends on what kind of company you want to be, and what the long term play / goals are.

For example, it seems like these sorts of changes and controversial design elements are causing loyal customers to either leave the brand (I just turned in my F80 for a Porsche) or consider other options before re-upping with another BMW.

Between my first 328i and the F80, I really didn't look elsewhere (besides a different Porsche in there) when it was time for a new car or when my lease happened to be up. Compare that to now, where the brand doesn't have anything outside of the M2 that I would be interested in owning. So they've lost a very loyal customer (6 straight BMWs) because of the overall direction. There are other folks on here who have been even more loyal, and for longer periods of time, who are also looking elsewhere or actually leaving.

Can you lease enough one time customers, who simply want the cheapest payment amongst the "luxury" brands, to offset those that used to come back over and over, without even bothering to look elsewhere? I think that tells you a lot about what the company is trying to be....who wants another German Toyota? We've already got VW on that front...

The M2 / M2C / M2CS all seem to prove the company can still be good...but those options are shrinking more and more over time. Just my $.02.

Agreed

I am personally looking only at Porsche for my next car

BMW sadly offers nothing exciting for me outside the current generation M2
bmrm396639.50
dmboone254972.00