03-28-2024, 03:56 AM   #19
kfer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20-330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
Hi Kfer,
I need your help with my car, I have 330i G20 258hp and I recently bought Speed buster CTRS from my friend's 300e hybrid.

Will it work on my car, and if I install it what will happen?
I'm not sure if the "300e" is just a typo and you mentioned the BMW 330e or if it's the Mercedes 300e.
If it's the 330e then it could work, although you may not get the same performance as with a box programmed for the 330i.
If you've already bought it, then there's no other way than to try it out...
Depending on the engine speed (camshaft sensor) and the selected level (1-8), the box should provide extra boost. Technically it would be possible to change the characteristics of the 20i by adding more boost at the upper revs ( like the 30i does) , but that is not the case with the Speedbuster. If you take a look at my Dynosheet you will notice that the power curve characteristics have not been changed. The same thing will happen with the 330i too, so it will add an amount of boost.
But I think that the 20i can handle a higher percentage increase than the 30i, which already has more power from the factory. So I would definitely start the test with a lower level.
Appreciate 0