View Single Post
      10-12-2023, 03:18 PM   #1
mrmjb1989
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

M3 Touring vs X5/6 m60i

New to the whole BMW M & M lite. So my financial situation has now allowed me to move up a bit in the world. After some careful research I’m pretty torn between a full fat M in the form of an M3 touring. Or either the X5 or X6 m60i LCI. I’m really looking for anyone who’s had experience of both M performance and full M models to see their opinions.

There are obviously pros and cons to both, I get that. Being my first opportunity in this financial position to essentially go out and get whichever I please I’m wondering if I will be left wanting if I went for the x5 or x6 over a proper M car. I know anyone who reads this might think ‘so get the x5/6M’ however I don’t honestly believe the £40-50k premium would be worth the money.

I essentially will be using whichever car I pick as my daily. Having two young children means that space isn’t a huge factor right now. I know both offer sufficient space and obviously the X having more than ample room to accommodate the family. From a driving perspective I’d say there’s likely around a 70/30 split between how much I daily and how much I’d use the car to take for a spirited drive. Which I get can be a factor.

I just want to gauge people’s thoughts on whether the M performance models can stack up to the proper M cars in terms of being fun to live with when they’re needed to be.

I’m not into heavy modifications or into car meets or track days or anything of that nature. It’s simply a case of being about 90% set on the M3 up until about a week back, when I saw the new X5 in the dealership and had a good look round it, sat in it and felt the premium of its cabin and space. That’s not to say the M3 feels cheap in anyway. I’ve just always had a bit of soft sport for performance SUVs and their presence on the road.

So anyone whose made the transition from M lite to M or visa versa I’d appreciate some feedback
Appreciate 0