Physxx
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physxx View Post
Yeah that's what I came up with as well which is why I decided to give Racechip a try. So far I'm really happy with the results, maybe one day I'll give BM3 a try. Good luck!!
Like I said before. I really liked RC on my A4. It made the car faster. Only problem was the turbo kicking in harder later made the first few thousand RPMs seem laggy (kinda like exaggerated turbo lag but due to the boost kicking in later, not the original lag actually increasing). It didn’t bother me too much because I’m coming from a tuned diesel car which had insane lag at the bottom end but once the boost kicked in, it pushed you into the seat. But the BMW feels like it has less lag than the A4, which is why I’m focusing on smoothness now. Plus I HATE how jerky it is in Sport mode. I’m hoping to fix that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
You are much better off with a flash tune vs the jb+

Good thinking
Thank you! A couple of questions to mike and I’ll be getting BM3.
The Racechip didn't change any characteristics of the car it just enhanced it. I know what you mean about the lag in sports mode but it was already there in the first place. Feels like a 50 shoot of nitrous once the boost kicks in lol. That's why I got the Racechip XLR to hopefully remedy that, I'll be installing it tommorow. The car is buttery smooth in comfort though.
Appreciate 0