View Single Post
      12-03-2023, 12:45 AM   #2
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

I just recently picked up a 2021 M440i xdrive with 17k miles and will be doing most of my own maintenance as well. I am coming from a 435i xdrive which was tuned for about 5 years had 110k miles when I got hit and it was totaled out, car was pretty much good as new 9 years old and had never been in the dealer for any issues at all, just regular maintenance done. As far as oil I used Motul 5W40 8100 xcess 100% synthetic along with genuine BMW oil filter every 5k miles, and I will do the same here. Spark plugs I changed every 20k miles due to the tune. Without a tune I’m sure 50k miles are fine on B58 for spark plug service, for sure no less then 30k miles at least if you want to check on their condition. As far as transmission I emailed ZF directly and they replied that they recommend service every 8 years or 60k miles. I agree it would be nice to have some sort of maintenance schedule we could follow directly from BMW but I guess they don’t want us working on our own cars unfortunately.