vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Yes we did. It amazes me how many kids come in for interviews and sit there with their face in their phone. It happens more and more.....
It doesn't get better after they are hired. One of my DW's co-workers comes into their daily morning team meeting with her phone in hand every single time, typing away and giggling for at least 10-15 minutes until their supervisor tells her to put her phone down and pay attention. She does comply, but with a "huuuuh!" disrespectful exhale directed at the supervisor. She is also out of sick/vacation days for the year within three weeks of the new benefits year, and has to be reminded every single day to fill out her time sheet and account for her hours working on various sub-tasks. The supervisor is also a millennial, and not much better. Their entire office sounds like Romper Room, and my DW is the only do-bee there to actually work.

I assume that Miss Manners does not consider a job applicant asking for the company's guest wifi password during an interview as good etiquette?????