03-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #116
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Yes, that could be done, and if the advertising neither gained nor lost credibility/persuasiveness, the ad was ineffective at its primary task. Marketers understand the concept of USP - unique selling proposition - the reason the product exists that makes it different from existing products and able to gain consumer consideration. If you feel Galaxy and iPhones are completely fungible, without their own USP, one of them has a flawed business case and can eventually lose share/volume/profitability due to something as simple as price competition if there is no reason for the product to exist alongside its competitor. If each of the products does have a USP which distinguishes them (as I believe each one does), then your hypothetical advertisement is simply poorly conceived and the creative is not on strategy.
i dont genuinely think each has a unique selling point to be honest. i think cars really are going down this route and as time goes on and platform sharing becomes more widespread its going to get worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
I am sorry you wear skinny jeans.
when you have calves like mine, you defs need to show them off

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
This ad does not appeal to the masses. Only those who wear skinny jeans think this is for the masses
brb, yawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
Nah my script was better than yours. Mine was hopeful and inspiring to do something with your life. Yours is just bitter.
I told you last time to GFY and you were gone for a week. Do us a favor, GFY again for a week
i was gone for a week? what do you live on here? i genuinely reckon i feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot View Post
"Am I right"
thanks dude, at least someone here knows whats up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Thanks, but seriously? What language is that? And how does it come in "brief" size? If that is what he thought he wrote, the answer is, "No"!
you feel the need to spell out USP for me but dont know what a brief is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot View Post
It's just contemporary slang.

I believe the original comment was referring to a design brief (or pitch) the marketing team would make to BMW execs.

We are too far down the rabbit hole though. If you don't like the commercial that's ok.
again, thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra86 View Post
I found this video ! bmw aren't faking the noise, it's not loud like in the ad, but similar.
yeah sweet, i didnt mean it was faked, just amplified i guess
Appreciate 0