Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
It's an absolute crime that HID Bi-Xenon headlights are not standard equipment on EVERY model. There are things that I marvel at with BMW and what they do to transcend the automotive market. Having halogen headlights still is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Embarrassing.
To be fair you are used to how BMW's are perceived in NA, where even our bargain basement low range models are actually more like the mid-high range in europe.

In their home markets they sell an asston of smaller cheaper cars. Where the margins on something like HID headlights actually mean something to the bottom line.

The last time i was in europe our rental car was a BMW 116d, that was in the cheapest rental class. Nothing special. That's not even their smallest engine.

All I am saying is we are talking about a company that competes not only on the high end with MB and Audi, but on the low end with VW or Renault as well. They sell a ton of econo cars with Halogens, and some of that design language leaks into the low spec cars we see here.

Last edited by Killramos; 03-31-2016 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0