View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 08:31 PM   #44
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiller155 View Post
Totally agree! I am so sick of hearing people whine about the 4 series grill. There were plenty of whiners about the introduction of the 4 series back in 2015 with absurd predictions that this would dilute the brand and ruin BMW. They complained about the bloated looks and the cost too and predicted it would be a total failure.

Keep in mind that many of these current "grill whiners" own late model 3 series with, in my opinion, ugly and cheap looking black plastic grills on their own vehicles--it looks like a fake grill. Or M340's with a similar but smaller designed grill except the nuggets are vertical. I think the horizontal nuggets look better but of course, its all subjective. In my opinion, the best looking grill is on the new M3 & M4 and I'll consider replacing with those on my new 4 series if an aftermarket option becomes available.

Now, back to the regular program of one-liner trolls whining about their grill dissatisfaction on a car they have no interest in purchasing...
Yeah he, what he said. The grill of the 3 looks cheap and fake, regardless of which grill it is. The top couple inches of it are just molded solid plastic, so why does it extend that high? And, the surround is way too thick, bulbous.

And yes... the M3/M4 grills with the bars look great... even better than the mesh grill on the G22. I plan to install an MPerformance grill on my M440i, until or unless somebody produces a grill more like the M4.

Most of the haters would not buy a coupe even if it was identical to a sedan minus the 2 back doors os they should care less about what the G22 looks like.
Appreciate 2
oz555673.00