View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
acslater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Four wheels

Bay Area buyers beware Stevens Creek BMW

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little story that has been evolving relating to a friend and Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara. His salesman was a guy named Ron Ryan.

My friend went in to lease a new G20 3-series and ended up choosing a car in his spec that he liked that had 97 miles on it (he didn't really realize that's kind of a lot for a brand new car lease). As he was pulling away, he realized there was an issue with the PDC system... he immediately told Salesman Ron, and Salesman Ron says that they would get it taken care of if he just scheduled an appointment.

The next week, my friend took the car in for service, and the service center determined that the car had had a minor front impact that cracked one of the grilles and damaged one of the sensors. This wasn't something that was obvious and probably wouldn't have been noticed had the PDC not thrown an error. They tell him it's not covered under warranty, and he has to pay $2k+ to fix it.

My friend contacts Salesman Ron and asks what the hell's going on. Salesman Ron says he "doesn't remember promising to fix the PDC, sorry."

So now my friend has been trying to get ahold of the GM to make this right, and the GM has been blatantly dodging him. He's always in a meeting and never calls back. My coworker went down to the dealership in person, and the GM was in a meeting... my friend waited 15 minutes, then went to check GM's status and was told "he left for the day."

This isn't the first time I've heard of a bad experience with BMW Stevens Creek. My wife bought her F30 328i from them in 2015, and as part of the deal they promised to touch up some bad paint chips in a few locations on the car. We agreed to the terms, signed the paperwork, and brought the car back the next week for paint touch-up, which we assumed would be done by the service center.

We go to pick up the car only to find that the salesman himself touched up the paint... WITH THE WRONG COLOR. He said he knew that the color was wrong, but that he decided to touch it up anyway because he "didn't want it to rust." This guy was a real genius, because these chips were on the PLASTIC BUMPERS.

We're shopping for a new X5 right now, so I'm probably going to go down to Stevens Creek, find Ron Ryan, waste an hour or so of his time, and pull a "Pretty Woman."
Appreciate 0