JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino at Work View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine110 View Post
Has anyone sourced M340i Staggered Fitment Crossclimate 2s ?

Seem to be able to get front fitment but not rear fitment? I was hoping not to end up with a second set of rims .
I thought it was generally frowned upon to repeatedly take a rft on and off a rim as it's not good for the reinforced sides and that this was one of the reasons people have 2 sets of wheels?
But surely the idea of an All Season tyre like the CrossClimate 2 is you run them all year round? Regardless of whether your summers are run-flats or conventional I don't understand why anyone would swap regularly between those and All Seasons; if you're fitting (say) CrossClimate 2's I'd have thought you'd be getting rid of the summer tyres altogether?

I'm guessing Alpine110's reference to another set of rims was him thinking he might have to find some new wheels to accommodate the sizes available in the CrossClimate 2? However, if that was the case, a compromise might be to move to a non-staggered set-up with the same size tyres all round (say 235/40) on the existing 19" rims? That would get away from the concern about different rolling circumferences messing with the X-Drive system although what the effect on handling would be I don't know.....
Appreciate 0