View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #7
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDrivingSoccerMom View Post
I know it’s from Munich because of the VIN. The 11th digit in the VIN tells you which factory site. Mine is A. I looked up factory codes. This list may be old, however I doubt it has changed...except for the African plant which has stopped 3 series production and Mexico has not been added, assuming it will when cars begin production.

http://wiki.bavariantechnic.com/inde...e=VIN_Decoding

The first VIN character is country of origin...mine is W. Which means West Germany (still has not changed after the Berlin Wall came down).

This is my Order
2019 330i xDrive Sedan
2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
STANDARD FEATURES
BASE MSRP$42,250
DESIGN
M Sport Design$5,000
COLORPortimao Blue Metallic$550
WHEELS19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with all-season run-flat tire
UPHOLSTERYBlack SensaTec
Oak open Pored Trim
PACKAGES + OPTIONS
Heated front seats$500
Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)$1,600
Apple CarPlay Compatibility with 1 Year Trial
Active Blind Spot Detection
Park Distance Control$200
Connected Package Pro
DESTINATION + HANDLING$995
TOTAL MSRP as Built$51,095

NOW, negotiate! Don’t pay more because this is a refresh, as they put it. Pissed me off that this was their main negotiating tool! We were quoted a Lease payment between $750-799 and walked out. lol, insulting.

A few days later, at same place...signed for $539 per month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDrivingSoccerMom View Post
I believe early cars made are all made in Germany, not sure how long this run is for...as you know. Also, I read that all M line will be made in Germany. Not sure how much truth there is to this.

My lease is up before car arrives...only by a month. BMW will extend lease for you if you call. They also work with you on extension because you have an order placed.
Thank you for all the info!

Sounds like a great car, good for you for negotiating it down. I'd be very interested to see how you feel about the drive when you get it.

I test drove one, but for a very short time, so I don't have a good enough feel for an opinion, other than the amazing interior. I also found the reverse tach was not as bothersome as I thought it would be in the digital cluster.

I love the Portimao Blue on this car, and the open pore trim looks sharp.

I just leased mine in August so I have quite sometime before the next one, and I live in Los Angeles, so I assume when my lease is up they will try to get me into a lot car made in Mexico.

Which would be fine if: A) They use the same materials as Europe/SA, and B) The new factory is rated well. Since SA was such a good plant I have no doubt the Mexico plant will be too, materials are what I'm more concerned about.

I think about things a long way out, I'm very happy with my 2018 330i, but after owning a Prius that depreciated to nothing and fell apart ( mind blowing having an unreliable Toyota) I don't want to be stuck owning again.

So I will be coming up on this again at the end of the lease, though I love my car so much, I might be tempted to buy it out of lease.

So my next car will be a G20, hopefully a M340i if I can afford it, but probably a 330i just for gas mileage alone in LA traffic.

If I get a promotion by then, I might go Porsche, but a lot of things have to happen a certain way on top of the promotion.

Enjoy the car in good health! And like I said, pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercarn View Post
Autogefuhl review stated that most of the early production G20s will come from the Munich factory before rolling out production in Mexico. I hope this is true.
Yeah, I believe all of them are Munich cars right now. Everyone I've seen in person has Munich on the sticker too.
Appreciate 0