View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 10:11 PM   #257
bimmerMytlas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340XI G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
Sport plus 80% of the time, but I'm not redlining stop light to stop light; I use sport plus mainly for the hair trigger throttle response. The bottom line is the vehicle is being driven (and maintained) within spec. This rate of oil consumption was not expected, even by BMW, until a few months after release of the car when customer complaints started coming in (according to 2 of my local dealerships). Eh; it's manageable for now, but the sheer volume of oil that keeps "disappearing" on a regular basis is definitely something to keep tabs on...
I guess it comes from the style of driving you are saying sport plus 80% of the time, I drive mine mainly comfort and rev it no more then 3000 RMP, from time to time I put it on sport plus and make few full throttles and as I said 4400 miles oil at maximum. I'm sure if you drive it until 3000 RMP in comfort you wont burn that much of oil.
Every car burn a lot of oil if it's pushed, back in the days brand new m5 e60 could burn 1 liter oil for 2 track laps...
I guess the oil consumption is OK, if you have patient try to drive it slower and see if you still burn oil, if it still burn then something is wrong with the engine.
Appreciate 0