View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #36
Dravit_M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
I don't mind the Cerium grey, it looks really good on certain colors, but then you should also have the 792 wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRetroGuy View Post
On some of the colors but not all. I tend to cringe when I see a mineral grey or black that has an all black grill, I think it takes away from the look and BMW kidney grill pedigree and and kind of makes the car look sort of low-rent. Yet at the same time, I think an all black grille looks great on Dravit grey.

I think black grills look particularly good on white or light colored cars. I'm actually not a huge fan of the M340 grille, I think the vertical 330i grill looks better. Depending on the color though, the M340 can look nice.

Its all about contrast, really.. thus very depending on color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
On white I like the cerium grille...black seems like such a contrast (maybe if the grille surround was thinner I would like it better in black).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I think I am in the minority for liking the Cerium Grey grille and accent pieces on the M340i :
Agree with mostly all this! I think it's very color specific. Gonna go opposite of your opinion Retro I prefer the cerium on my Dravit. Dravit is one of those colors where cerium or black would look just fine. IMO the black grille makes the car look a little cheaper on some colors. Idk but the gloss black just doesn't do it for me. Like Burr said I think the black makes the grille surround look large and out of place (draws too much attention to the grille). If I was to change I would go with a 2 tone with the outside black and inside cerium but for now I'm keeping the cerium. Just my opinion for my car.. I think the black grill looks great on many colors

Appreciate 2
RedKloud736.00