View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 02:49 AM   #74
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

Hey, nice build! That's exactly the spec i've ordered.
Your range is pretty much spot on based on my experience. I had to push pretty hard to get to that, but it's definitely doable. Plus, I believe on road costs in SA are lower than those here in Vic.

I haven't driven an S5 for a few years, but I did have the opportunity to drive an RS5 hard at Phillip Island a few months ago and they're a great car. IMO, the Audi's (again comparing RS3/5/6 which i've had solid seat time in and S3 which I own) handling is firmer and sportier than the M340i. My main observation driving the M340i pretty hard on some fast back roads is that the rebound feels like it needs to be dialled in a bit more as on multiple occassions I found it bouncing mid corner which didn't feel great, but it's a nicer ride day to day. I plan on installing some Dinan springs as a few people have mentioned this has improved the ride.

My only thoughts on the S5 though are that it's getting a little long in the tooth and the interior feels dated IMO. But if that doesn't bother you, they're a very capable car (coming from someone who has two other S cars).
Appreciate 0