View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 09:43 PM   #7
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

The M340i was extremely over-rated when it rolled off the production plan, with nearly 400whp in stock form! Yes, you read it right, if you purchased one of the first vehicles in production, then you have near 400whp STOCK car. That is due to the fact that BMW forgot to implement SWT (Tuning Authorization Certificate), and thus customers received a factory-tuned car. But quick, BMW caught onto this issue and implemented a software "fix" that limited your power a bit. This new fix limited your power to 346whp (390bhp) and yet that still was over what EPA/BMW specs should be, so early July of 2019, BMW implemented yet another software fix to bring the car down to advertised 338whp(382bhp). Not only did they lower the power down, but they also implemented a new style firewall against tuning, fully disabling our access to the DME key sectors that we have once used to exploit and be able to flash our own files. After this latest updates, the boot-loader was moved to a whole new protected area that no one has access to. On top of this, all new flashing routines were implemented to ensure that tuners can not modify the existing bootloader, or even access the backup one previously stored in the open area of the ECU.

It's totally messed up, but mine still crackles and pops. Just refuse to do the update.
Appreciate 0