View Single Post
      11-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #92
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
It's disappointing the wait time. Both AMG and Audi Sport have slimmed their timelines to six months or less for performance variants. Two model years in before getting M3/M4 too long.

I like the AWD/RWD proposition. As far as weight, I can't imagine an AWD M3 will be more than 3600lbs-3700lbs. There will be weight savings everywhere.

I would have liked a 48V mild hybrid system which they will no doubt bring out after they gauge all early adopters .
It is odd for the M3 since it’s life cycle is probably the shortest of any BMW and it is off the market more than half the time it is on the market.

As I recall BMW also stated that they would significantly shorten the time to market for the Ms as the discussion raged of moving from bespoke engines and production lines for the M cars.

In the end BMW does what BMW does whether it’s controversial grille designs or odd timelines for launches. We just adapt as usual, some leave some come back and life goes on. Don’t waste your energy being upset for long, it won’t help
Appreciate 3
CSBM52716.50
LSM1118.00
The_Werm212.00