View Single Post
      02-22-2021, 01:10 AM   #26
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma735 View Post
All, if you have a make/model in the builds listed in the PUMA linked, I would recommend talking to your SA to see if you can get the updated Amp ordered. I sat in a buddy’s MY’21 m340i built in December with the HK audio and Live Cockpit Pro (same software 11/20 as mine), and set the audio settings exactly to match my own. The old amp in his is SEVERELY unpowered compared to the new amp linked in the original post. I took some videos but they’re kinda useless because of the limitation of the iPhone ambient mic and autoprocessing. Trust me, my system at 1/3 max volume with the new amp you can hear and feel the difference with the subs and mid ranges. To get near the same punchiness and bass note we had to put his volume up to over 1/2 max vol.

I don’t know how this got through BMW’s QC protocols but it’s quite bad. Also, I heard the amp in the affected models were manufactured in Mexico similar to a lot of the affected models while the new amp is manufacturer in Germany. Not sure if that’s true or if it matters but, +1 for German born vs Mexico born in the “does it matter” case.
Hungary but close
Appreciate 0