03-31-2017, 08:38 PM   #50
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I owned a samsung back in the day and had to remove the removable battery to reboot it due to frequent crashes. I couldn't figure out how apple could make a phone without a removable battery. This is because their phones never crash! I also think it's hilarious how samsung ends up copying apples naming convention instead of calling it the Note 8 or something rather than s8+. Didn't they invent the phablet yet it's amazing how things come around as apple was first with 64 bit and optical zoom dual lens cameras. Now samsung is pushing screen size again, we shall see what apple does with the iphone 8. I just know apple stock is up now and my pockets are fatter as a result, s8 be damned!
Copying just the naming conventions? They copied design, features, color etc. HTC was the first phablet. They had large screen smartphones way before Samsung. Yet Samsung gets credit for it. Then again no other company spends more money on marketing than Samsung. Samsung's marketing budget is probably big enough to buy HTC.