Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
You will never use 50% of M3's capabilities on the street. also keep in mind huge depreciation the first 3-4y
Yeah, in terms of raw performance I don't think I would use 50% of the M340i or the 330i capabilities on the street without risking my license. That's why I prefer handling/steering/feel over raw power. A 330i with tight handling and good steering feel would be great for me. But it seems like I need to step up to the M in order to get these things, even though the power is overkill on the street. And yes, the depreciation doesn't sound like fun.
This is the tricky part, right? M cars feel better to the in-tune driver but the power levels are getting a little nutty. The M340i blurs the handling line more than any non-M 3 series before it, but the M car will be even better. I do notice though that driving the 3er is more relaxing by a long shot.

If you don't mind RWD small coupe, I think the M2 is the M car to get. Maybe even an OG N55 M2, 2018+ if you don't need the power of the S55.
Appreciate 0