03-19-2024, 09:05 AM   #8
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I’ve never used a broker. I know for a fee, you can usually get an allocation pretty quickly but the dealer can be anywhere in the country, correct? Are you able to negotiate a price or is the price fixed or is there a standard discount based on the broker-dealer relationship? If the dealer is not local, do you or the dealer make the transportation arrangements? My biggest issue is not seeing the car in person until after you’re the owner!
The broker I used for both my Z4 and wife’s X3 had a dealer that was local to me, in a suburb of Chicago. I believe they have more than one dealer they work with.

The discounts are published on their website for most models. For the X3, it was 9.0% and my Z4 was 3.5% (this was December 2022 for the X3 and January 2023 for the Z4). The discount amounts do not include any additional incentives offered so you can factor those in as well, assuming you qualify. Also was nice in that there are no additional add-ons and if you financed with BMWFS there was no markup to the rates offered.

As far as allocations, we didn’t have an issue. Obviously the X3 has a ton of slots, but even on my Z40 M40i I was able to get one right away (they actually had one in status 112 that I was able to modify to my specs). Probably not always the case depending on the model, but they can tell you ahead of time.

I’m sure they can arrange transportation if you’re not local. I lucked out there.

With that being said, I get your concern on buying unseen. Since both our cars were orders we didn’t see them until the day we picked them up. I will say that we did not have to put a deposit down or anything and had no commitment to the car if we choose not to buy it when it came if there was an issue.
Appreciate 0