View Single Post
      07-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #2
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarium View Post
The new 2020 C8 generation Corvette looks impressive. I know it's only a 2 seater, mid-engine, completely different class than the M4. But what you guys all think? Even the base model as of right now can easily beat the upcoming M4 AWD (and completely smoke the RWD). Come 2021 the M4 will be totally outclassed by the Z06.

I've driven the last gen C7 Z06 and as well as the base Stingray each for a good few days, and was very impressed by it. The magnetic ride of the Z06 and its lateral G's was incredible. The only thing that bothered me truly was the interior which was pretty bland and cheap feeling compared to my M4. Now that's changed with the new C8 gen as well, the interior is vastly improved over the previous gen and the look mimics the 458 Italia quick a bit, which is one of my favorite cars of all time.

It will be a serious consideration for me, as I don't really need the rear seats and the trunk space yet. The C8 base Stingray will be cheaper than the M4, and the Z06 will be within my price range as well. It will be a serious contender for me for the next gen M4.
I liked your story! Oh right ... u did ask what what we think early on.

If you don't mind climbing in and out of a low car and into race seats, don't drive on horrendous roads all the time, are okay with a less nice interior but enjoy the tech (digital display, DCT, PDR), don't mind the extra attention (always get good and bad) and feel the need for speed ... the Vette should be a good option. It'll be a huge performer for price but you'll lose some of that comfort in the M4. I actually traded my F80 6MT for a Camaro and thought it felt so much more like a sports car (made the M3 shifter feel weak and rubbery, clutch felt super light, the seats, brakes, tires, throttle response, engine note, suspension and adjustability of the suspension and exhaust were all better to be honest... =more drama and more fun to drive). I got tired of it after a while and I've been through a lot of cars looking for a perfect car. I haven't found one. I'm currently considering either an F80 as my single car or splitting duties and having a truck for daily driving and to tow my track/sports car (C8, GT4, etc). The value of having an M3 is pretty high because it's the best and most fun car that I can pick the kids up in (or for you, your buddies or girls or whatever) and then put a set of track wheels across the back seat and then go to the track and go pretty fast .... but still get passed by the vettes and Camaros driven by similarly skilled drivers.

Total tossup!

Appreciate 0