Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Poochie, does your M2 engine also used up oil quickly like this B58?
Actual no. For some background, I drive like a maniac, I have 14 points on my license, all for speeding. But never got into an accident, knock on wood. Long story, I go hard but mostly stock except for a stage 1.

I personally have a manual N55 M2 I bought new, which when operating, let just say I I keep the RPM in the higher rev range. Yet, between oil changes, it doesn't burn a drop of oil.

I did have a 2013 N55 135i but that's when the N55 was fairly new and I did not break in that motor; I did burn outs from the time I left the dealership.

That 135i N55 engine burned a quart between change, like roughly around 3,500. Nothing as crazy as this B58 in the M340i. My brother owns the M340i but he lends it to me whenever and within a few days of hoonin' it, the low oil light would ding. Mostly when left in Sport+ and which might sound weird but when you unleash a lot of burbles it eats up the oil.

However, the performance would remains the same, without a hint of hesitation of loss.

In my research of this issue, it's stated that this is TU version of the B58 in M340i. A lot of the oil that it burns up being use up to cool off and lubricate the heavy-worked turbo charger and not necessarily a defect with the motor operation.

There is too many similar complaints of it burning oil for it to not be a mass defect by now and BMW not taking responsible.

This is a company that have lawyers watching lawyers so they don't become liable for any issue. That in itself puts me at ease because at this juncture, there is only so much recourse you have address oil issue.
What is TU version?