View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #250
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Where were you able to find the documentary? I'm interested in adding it to my watch list.

Its interesting how this virus can be so similar to SARS (i.e. 80% similar) and yet the remaining 20% difference so deadly. From what I read, with SARS its was less dangerous since you had to be exhibiting symptoms of the virus to be considered infectious. With what we have now, you can be infectious several days before showing symptoms. The words "silent death" come mind.....

Hard to believe we might be in lockdown for a year. But for all the doom and gloom, there is a positive side to it in that we've never had this many people working on vaccine. It gives me hope that we'll be able to eventually find a solid solution.
SARS will probably end up being more lethal, but less contagious. It's hard to say we know everything about SARS either because it made such a brief appearance and we were lucky enough to contain it.

There is unfortunately not a ton of understanding on how changes in the virus affect pathogenicity.
Appreciate 2