Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. All big X's are made in Spartanburg. G01 starts production next year. G02 - soon after that. G07 - approximately the same time as G02. If F15/F16 were allowed to stay in production for the full 7 year cycle, Spartanburg wouldn't be able to have a single platform (CLAR) production process until second half of 2020 or later (if you give F16 the 7 year cycle too). With the shortened F15 cycle, however, by 2019 this plant will be building what is basically the same vehicle wearing different size suits.
Profit!
There is a slight refresh of the X5 and X6 coming soon. Although there are no dramatic changes, just slight refresh with updated features but no major exterior work. Think of something on par with the BMW i3 in which exterior wise nothing is different. The F15 X5 is days away from its third birthday so its arrival will not seem as short as it appears to be.
Thank you for this info. Already ordered mine and would like to know why no ACtive Steering option for 2017 model and no alternative to it?
Appreciate 0