View Single Post
      07-05-2019, 05:22 AM   #22
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Yeah, I ran a Merc 300h a few years back, kind of similar but with a diesel engine instead. I used to get low-mid 50's average and into high 60's on a long trip, fairly decent for something with 230BHP. Was terribly unreliably though, went through 2 hybrid batteries in <20k miles and lots of other things broke. I wouldn't buy another one...

Funnily I've also got a Mondeo at the moment as a private car, albeit the twin-turbo diesel (210BHP) version. I actually quite like it, looks very sharp (19" wheels, bodykit with blacked out grill, LED lights), quick enough, quiet, v comfortable, loads of space, bit plasticky inside and the adaptive cruise is poor. I get low-mid-50's out of that but have a 45 mile commute each way, mostly up/down the M4 pootling along in the inside lane. Again on a long motorway drive I can get into the low-mid-60's, quite impressive really for the size/performance combo. As a package it's not as far behind the German's as many people might think...

330e sounds ideal for your daily drive, should be near 100% electric. Maybe you will get 130MPG! :-) I'm assuming that I'd get about 25-30 miles on electric which should give a decent enough average MPG but for long journey's it will be lower than my Mondeo.

Turns out only the 330e SE on 17" wheels falls into the 8% BIK group, all others are 12% for 2020/21.

Do you have a delivery date and what spec did you go for?
No delivery date yet - still waiting for the final confirmation, but I presume September/October latest - my Mondeo lease expires 14/10 so would be perfect timing

My spec:

BMW 3 SERIES SALOON (2019) 330e M Sport 4dr Auto

Accessories
M Sport plus pack - 3 Series Saloon 330e
Aluminium Tetragon interior trim
Metallic - Mineral grey
Vernasca leather - Black with grey stitching
Driving assistant professional pack - 3 Series
Extended storage pack with USB - 3 Series Saloon
Harman/Kardon loud speaker system
Appreciate 0