M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
There's so much to do.

I'm Indian and find Dishoom to be the best Indian food I've ever eaten in my life. At least 5 people told me about this place and it's reputation is well deserved. There is always a long line outside but it is 100% worth it (plus they give you free chai and wine in line). I went to the Covenant Garden location. Surprisingly their prices are not out of this world.

Venchi has some of the best gelato in the world. I thought it's only in Italy but to my surprise it's in London too.

Brain dump from my end: definitely do the hop on hop off if you've never done it before. Westminster area is nice to stroll around, especially along the Thames. Leicester square, Trafalgar square, Buckingham palace, Hyde park, Bond Street (for shopping), British Museum, Tower bridge, the area around City Hall, and Tower of London (if you're a history buff). These are just the major things that are nice to see.

And if you're into designer goods please splurge in Europe because prices there are significantly cheaper. After conversion things like Burberry polos and Louis Vuitton belts are nearly 50% cheaper! All the stores are in London as well as in Heathrow.
Ooh, Wifey can't do any dairy products at all and this place (Dishoom) looks to have a bunch of non-dairy stuff on the menu. Thank you for this rec. It'll definitely be a stop on our next trip.

That said, our next trip to the UK will be for a conference in Durham. We've been there before, but just for a day. This time we'll be based there. I'll be looking for recs here when we get closer to that trip.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0