View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #78
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i XDrive Coupe (G22)

Love Portimao blue. We all have our favourite blues, but for me it is the best one available on the M440i. I've been flipping between all three prior to placing my order for days now.

ARB is lovely, but I think on a grey day is a bit on the grey side. And looks best with the Cerium grey kidney grill trim vs the shadow line; however, I don't like the cerium grey trim so much on that kidney grille, and also requires Cerium grey mirrors - which I don't like.

Tanzanite looks gorgeous in the right light. But for me a bit dull/flat in anything cloudy and I'm in the UK. And figured it will show the dirt.

Portimao - I saw it in the flesh, in the rain, and it still looked vibrant, exciting. I'm not sure what people are doing in photographs of it, but they are mangling the colour a lot so it's hard to gauge from photos. It does look odd in some photos! I was much more relaxed seeing it for real.

So of the three, and given that it doesn't carry the premium of Tanzanite, it was PMB for my order. (With black shadowline surround, and the body coloured mirrors that come with the M440i and that option in the UK).

And now the wait...
Appreciate 0