View Single Post
      03-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #56
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
It's so. I have always been appreciative of BMW 4 cylinder engines back to my E21. Lighter weight over the front end, and more than enough power for my driving environments. I prefer the steering and feel response difference than getting to the next red light a fraction of a second faster. I swapped out the LCAs in my 2, just to enhance that further, but no tunes for the engine wanted. Both of my current BMWs are 4 cylinder by choice, not by economic constraint. I nenver understood the thought that getting a 4 reduces the entire rest of the car to Honda level...heard that before on 2Addicts, and honestly think it's a very narrow point fo view. A 4 clylinder BMW is the same car (or better in some ways) than a 6, except for being fractionally slower. With Sirius playing, I don't really care about exhaust sound differences anyway.

Whatever version of the new platform I wind up with, I'll be looking to balance power with the lighter weight front end again. Of course, a BEV i4 will do that very nicely! And, with all the good news here about the G20 fundamentals, that should set that up to be a great car!
Wish I felt this way, would save me some $$$
Appreciate 1