02-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #23
Seaford
Permanently confused
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport Gran Coupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere1 View Post
I would have to disagree here as well. The 330i that I drove felt heavy and ponderous -- mostly because the engine couldn't overcome the weight of the car. I know the M340i is even heavier but it FEELS lighter because there is so much power. Also, if you add the M Sport and adaptive suspension, the 330 is nearly 55k and it STILL doesn't have the M Sport breaks and LSD.

If you add the THP, you get all the goodies (LSD, adaptive, brakes) but you can't get all season tires which means you need a set of summer AND winter tires. (Yes, I know, all seasons are garbage but MOST people use them as their only set -- like me!)

My M340i was 60k -- with a 60% residual, I'd happily pay ~$90/month to drive the fast one and not deal with the tire swapping.
It may be different in the US of A but the 330i M Sport in the UK does have M Sport brakes and LSD.

Can't say the 330i feels 'heavy and ponderous' to me but I haven't driven a 340....but I am a relatively conservative driver compared to many.....certainly doesn't feel more heavy and ponderous compared to the 850i I had last summer!. And I can get the golf clubs in the boot.
Appreciate 0