Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It seems Scott has more insider info than anyone else on these forums and provide much appreciated “leaks” frequently.
No, he really doesn't. He's frequently wrong. The problem with Scott is that he doesn't like to admit when he doesn't know something, so rather than say "sorry, I just don't know", he'll make a guess which turns out to be wrong. We can all do that.

He also posted a few years ago on another forum that he was part of a secret "creative marketing" division at BMW and he posted on forums and leaked selected info in that role. We've since had it confirmed by VERY reliable sources at BMW that this role didn't exist and Scott was making it up. There never was a "creative marketing" department at BMW and he is just a fantasist.

ynguldyn is the best for inside info, by a mile.

Quote:
Plans not made official and sometimes even official plans change. Covid-19 I’m sure is one factor that has caused some shuffling of production starts and launch plans.
Nothing has changed with regards the 5er LCI launch as a result of Covid-19. Scott was wrong at the beginning of January.

I've lost count of the many times he's been completely wide of the mark, but some classics include:

* Saying the M5 would have a KERS button on the steering wheel.

* Saying the 7 Series would have a screen in front of the passenger.

* Saying the G30 5 Series would be launched by 9th July "at the latest". (It was launched 12th October).

Quote:
It’s much better than nothing when Scott shares information.
No, it's better to have NO information than false information.
I've read accounts of him admitting he was wrong or that things changed. He's allowed to be wrong sometimes, right?!?
Appreciate 0