Thread: From F80 to G20
View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 11:28 PM   #1
Bimmers4life
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

From F80 to G20

About 3 years ago I had my F80 ordered and built to spec. I did a Performance Center Delivery and it was everything you’d expect and more. I had the M3 for almost 3 years and then I got the itch. The new M340i caught my eye the second it was released in 2019 but it wasn’t until here recently that I really gave it much thought. I was in a great place financially with the M3 carrying some good positive equity so I thought what the heck let’s do it. I traded the M3 for a new M340i lease. There were multiple reasons for making the switch and I can confidently say I have zero regrets. The G20 is a more practical daily driver as it’s ride is more comfortable, quiet and refined. I felt like in the 3 years that I had the M3 I never really drove it to its limits and took full advantage of what that car is capable of doing. Whether or not most F80 owners want to admit they don’t either. The gap in performance, styling and handling of the F30 340i and F80 is much larger than that of the F80 and G20 M340i. Some may say this is a downgrade but I don’t see it that way at all. In many ways it’s an upgrade. More comfort, updated styling, a lot more tech, and let’s face it almost a lateral move when it comes to performance. I don’t miss the M3 one bit and I absolutely love this car! If this car was available 3 years ago I would’ve gladly saved $23k and gotten this instead of my M3 which was $83k. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have in regards to the difference between the two models. Cheers!

The day I brought her home (3 weeks ago)

Quick stop by the BMW dealer for some goodies

Parts installed:
M Performance Front Grille
BMW Shadowline front bumper gloss black trim
BMW Mirror caps - painted gloss black (they come primed and require painting)
BMW Shadowline gloss black exhaust trim
BMW M340i badge gloss black
BMW Trunk mat
M Performance floor mats
M Performance front bumper lip spoiler

Next I got the windows tinted. This is our 2020 X3MC as well 😁

Update 10/12/2020: Installed the M Performance front lip spoiler. Completes the front end nicely.

A buddy came over with his X3 M40i so we snapped some pics

Next mods include:
MST intake (ordered and waiting as it’s on back order for 4-6 weeks)
H&R Springs (as soon as they release the RWD application)
Future Classic 12mm spacers
Active Autowerke downpipe & BM3 tune
M Performance exhaust

Just for fun a few pics of my F80

Instagram @asabau82

Last edited by Bimmers4life; 10-12-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 8
VipinLJ1943.00
wtwo317971.00
JasonDot581.00
TBMNYS12.00
Fiskk23.50