View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Driving home from Aberdeen it was less than 3 degrees which made me start to think about which all season or winter tyres to fit my 330e.

My last car a Mercedes C300h had a set of Michelin Pilot Albin 5s for the winter which worked very well in snow, ice and temperatures below 5 degrees but the set does not fit the BMW.

The first challenge is the differing tyres sizes
Front 225/45 R18 95Y
Rear. 255/40 R18 99Y
The rear size must be pretty unique as I cannot locate any All Season tyres for that size so am going for dedicated winter tyres, probably Continental TS850P for the front and Continental TS830P for the rear.

Is anyone else looking at this, planning for winter?.

This was my normal commute route through central Edinburgh after snow, the rear wheel drive Mercedes managed the roads easily
I've been wondering the same although living a lot further south!? Bought some last year for the first time and made a lot of difference when very cold and even more when snowy.

So I still have some almost new Michelin Pilot Alpin's from my Mondeo. They are 235/40/19"

Anyone know if they could be safely fitted to my 330e MSport Plus? They're not "quite" the right width for either front or back...

Mine are 225/40/19" at the front and 255/35/19" at the back.
Appreciate 0