Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR View Post
RWD is not coming out anytime soon. Per the order guide:

Please note: The BMW M340i RWD variant will be unavailable at launch. Future availability TBC.

Why you would buy a RWD car in Canada is beyond me, though. You might as well wait for the M3, the one major advantage of the M340i over the M3, other than price, is AWD.
Aside from a likely huge price increase (as you mentioned), not everyone wants a M3 - both don't feel or drive the same. M3 vs. M340i is not the same argument as 330 vs. M340i where the latter you can pretty much option anything and both would feel relatively the same with the main difference being engine so an argument can be made for 330 vs M340.

Unless you're strongly considering a M3 or any M car for that matter, you're not going to up-sell the average consumer from a base BMW to a M car because they're completely different across the board in terms of drive, feel and most importantly, price.

From experience, the only people really buying M cars are rich kids and those who know what M cars and by that, I mean they know BMW M more than just the badge on the rear. Everyone else, they're settling and looking at 35i/40i models.
Appreciate 1