12-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #196
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser310 View Post
That's actually exactly what I'm taking into account, though. The radar cruise on my company Camry is flawless. The heated seats are perfect, the leather/stitching look very nice and are very comfortable. The in dash entertainment is miles better than what I had in my F30 (though it was iDrive 6 - I know the new one is great). I'm pointing out that the "similar" features we saw say 2 or 3 years ago were clearly much better in the BMW's and that I'm very impressed with the quality of those features in the Hondas and Toyotas now.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely rather drive just about any BMW. I am just seeing a small gap regarding tech and features where I used to see a large one.
+1, lets also not forget the reliability of those cars. Yes, some of us are willing to pay more for the "driving experience" but for how long? Look at the stupid / insane repairs a 10 year old BMW requires vs a Toyota & etc.

Further, the technology on my 2015 Subaru Legacy was light years ahead of my 2016 5er.... so, I don't get the previous comments about back up cams & etc.

I guarantee you that Subarus technology will be working just fine after 10 years while BMWs will be.......whi knows

We have plenty of BMWs with over 150K miles in the fam and its mainly thanks to my BIL who can fix the impossible repairs for super cheap for us as he is a cert BMW mechanic...... If we were actually paying for all of those repairs, no one would afford to own them long term.

Latest victim BTW is a 2011 F10 535 with 110K miles and the manual transmission went out / completely out. None of us have seen a manual transmission go out ever! Dealer quote $8K, we got it done at home around $2K.....

The big question is, will I continue to lease them? And the answer is YES! Will I own one out of warranty and that is a big fat no.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0