View Single Post
      09-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #81
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgour View Post
Burrcold those are nice replicas! I checked out Tire23 but they don’t have an online catalog of replicas so I may have to make the trip to Mississauga.

This is my first post...

I just picked up my 2020 330, off the lot, and the one thing I couldn’t get was a staggered performance setup. Instead I’ve got the 791M Black A/S. Love the rims, just wish they were staggered. Bought the 796 M winter package @ 20% off, but haven’t taken delivery of them yet so figure they can be returned for a refund.

Any thoughts on the feasibility of throwing some winters on the 791s and using them for the winter, and then buying a staggered performance set-up for the summer? This is a lease so I don’t want to drop a ton of �� But the 796s are already costing me $3200 tax-in. Think I can I find a suitable summer set for a similar price? I really like BMW wheels... including the 792. I’ve never bought replicas before, or after-market for that matter.
If you really want a dedicated sportier setup for the summer, I would definitely throw winter tires on the 791 rims (keep the OEM tires for lease return). There are a ton of options for a summer set but it can get pricey.

On the other hand, if you don't mind the 791 and all season tires for summer, definitely head down to Tires23 (talk to Terry and tell him Chris sent you). He will show you lots of options for winter rims of all sizes (I went with a 19" rim because we have "winter tires" on for a big part of year that I wanted something that looked good). Don't worry about them being replicas, they are great quality and totally worth it for a winter rim.