5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
From what I have done in the past:

a) Ask them to take it to a local dealer and you will pay them for the inspection. You can pay the dealer directly over the phone.

b) If paying in cash, write them a check and have them sign over the title to you. Or have your bank wire his bank money. Or have you bank pay off his loan and keep the title if you are financing. The list goes on. Escrow can be complicated and put a buyer off, but it is safe. The biggest issue is, does the seller have the title on hand. If not, there will have to be two contracts, a bill of sale (obviously) and a separate agreement that the seller agrees to pay off the loan with the check from you or your bank and send you the title within X amount of days.

c) fly there, pick it up and drive it back. OR have it shipped to you (which I do not recommend without seeing it in person).
That's exactly how I sold my last car. Forum member contacted me, we exchanged a bunch of email and I send many pictures of the car

He had a local dealership do an inspection, which he paid for over the phone.

He flew out to me, I picked him up at the airport, and we went to my bank to cash the check. I signed the title over, and he drove home.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0