View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #83
sfbimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Monaco Blue Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydez View Post
BMW newbie here, went for a 420i M Sport Pro Gran Coupé for my first BMW, really hope it won’t disappoint!

I ordered about a month ago from Park Lane in London and just got an update today that the factory has processed the order, but the production week is until mid January. It’ll be a long wait!

Anyone else with orders for similar more down to earth specs like mine? I’ve only seen production updates from folks who ordered higher specs (M440i) and wondered if my production date is the best anyone can get for a spec like mine, or just bad luck with my dealer.
Congratulations on the order.
I am in California so not familiar on UK order process. However, I guess that BMW keep it consistent. Here in USA dealers get production allocations for these cars. Not all dealers get the same allocations. I would call around different dealers and ask who has allocations or even better unclaimed orders for your model. Ask when the cars are expected to be built. If you find a dealer with an earlier allocation then, you can switch to that dealer. Even if the dealer has placed an unclaimed order it can be changed to your liking until production start time. Hope someone on the forum who ordered a 420i from UK can help you better.
Appreciate 0