04-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #13
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
I respectfully disagree it's a great tool for those who don't understand all the intricacies of leasing. Also it's a benchmark that the deal your working on is worth it. Unfortunately this deal sounds bad just off the bat, I had a similar deal but ending up purchasing and got 15k a year mileage for low 500$ with tax. Op talk to a leasing person or broker in your state and save some money.
There's actually an entire thread in the leasehackr forums regarding removal of the score because it's meaningless and provides a false sense of security, akin to the "1% rule".

The other issue with the score is that it's manipulated by things like incentives and residual value (things which are non-negotiable). If someone is looking to lease their first BMW, and they don't qualify for loyalty, do we tell them to simply stay away from BMW because they can't get their score over a certain arbitrary number despite all other factors being equivalent to other "good" deals?

The only way I can see the score being useful is if you're comparing the same car, in the same region, and same qualifying inventives, with an adequate sample size of scores to provide an idea of the range you should be looking at. If you're simply comparing 2 cars' scores, you don't have a sense of if both of those cars are a "bad" deal, or if one's a good deal and one's not.

If one doesn't understand the intricacies of leasing - well there's no shortage of information to develop an understanding. And if one doesn't have the time or desire to understand it, then, as you say, best to use a local broker.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
hans007604.50