Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Hi SteveAus.

I was actually referring to Slideit's "What can I do while I am waiting comment" for his 330i

But thanks for that, thats great input.

For the Blackvue do you have the backup battery installed for parking?
I am just worried that without installing the additional battery it will do funny things to the bmw electronics.

There is a new version of the dashcam out with built in SIM card

https://www.blackvue.com/dr750-2ch-lte/

Should be good, then you don't need a wifi hotspot active when remotely viewing your car when parked.

Will definitely look for Opticoat in Sydney

Wow carpeted walls, I wish I had that

Ah a tennis ball , yes thats a great idea.

Thanks for the insurance tips I will investigate.
Hi Firetitan,
Yes, I use a Cellink Neo battery with the Blackvues. It provides longer parking recording than the Black Magic Pro and also doesn’t interfere with the BMW battery and Auto Start Stop.
When I originally used a BMP it ran the battery down to the point where ASS would not work until the battery had been fully recharged. It never affected starting the car, but annoyed me that the ASS would not work properly.
The Cellink Neo alleviates these issues.
The DR900S is a newer version than the 750 that you quoted, with higher resolution for the cameras. I haven’t installed this yet. It’s still sitting in a box waiting for the car to arrive. I understand that it sends data to the cloud so you can access and record the vehicle’s location at all times. However, this is an add-on that costs around US$ 10.00 per month. I believe the 750 is also compatible with Blackvue over the cloud.