Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
Saying you are now moving to an M2 competition and away from sedans, well, I rest my case. There is no better contemporary sports sedan on the market than the M340.

If you are going to give up the utility and comfort of a proper sedan, why not get into the Porsche Cayman GT4? The manual transmission in the Porsche embarrasses the M2 manual, and the car weighs just 2900 pounds. With the engine behind you that car is in a completely different world than the M2.

Price is close too. Drive one and let me know your thoughts.
Not disagreeing with you here- I agree that the G20 340i is prob the best car you can buy for the money right but I don't know if i would call it a "sports sedan."

I think that phrase has been highly diluted over the years. Yes, the car is blazingly fast. But, the 340i's massive size and weight along with it's novacaine numb steering puts in the "sporty" luxury car category IMHO.

Haven't seen a proper "sports sedan" since the 4 door e36 M3. THere- i said it!
So a "Proper" sports sedan should have a jarring/crashy suspension setup plus stiff/heavy steering?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50