View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 05:09 PM   #206
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm7 View Post
Awesome, I look forward to hearing about yours when you get it! I didn't realise it was possible to option the Visibility Package without laser, mine is coming with laser. I was a bit 50/50 over getting the drive recorder, wasn't sure if it was worth it from what people have said. Will you put a dash cam in?

I haven't thought that far ahead with charging, I was going to use the 'granny cable' as that should be sufficient for most overnight charges. What was your reasoning for a 15A plug installed, from what I read the 'granny cable' can only output 10A?

Apparently 5.5 hours from a 10A domestic socket or 3.5 hours from a dedicated wall socket (car can only accept 3.6kW).
I went without the laser because I wanted to save some money at purchase, they’d be way more expensive if I had to replace them without insurance. It’s not a feature I’d need because I hardly drive at night or on country roads.

The 15 amp was suggested by the electrician. It basically makes it more robust for long term use. Who knows if that’s a thing, but it wasn’t much more money. He said he’d come back and replace with 2 10amps if I want after the car arrives.
Appreciate 0