Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi All.

Just had my first long drive...ok only 150Km on the highway , so not that long

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on Comfort Vs Sports Mode?

I drove 3/4 of the way in comfort, but I felt that for overtaking I really had to depress the accelerator quite a lot and also that it was a bit of an effort to increase speed.

I did not get to test Sport that much, but next time I think that I will do the whole journey in Sport, much more responsive.

I tested Eco Pro around the burbs, I know its to save petrol , but it really should be called "Limp Mode" , I won't use that again.

I keep on thinking...mmmmmhh... next car will be 340ix!!, but I suppose that's why BMW tuned it the way they did..... so you upgrade....Damn you BMW...

And what does Adaptive mode do , I have never used this ?

Thanks All

Cheerio
I always drive in adaptive (unless I want to use sport +) it Adapts to your driving style and roads. i.e. if you are taking it easy it will be like comfort and then when you floor it it moves into sport mode.

See this thread

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1695716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi All.

Just had my first long drive...ok only 150Km on the highway , so not that long

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on Comfort Vs Sports Mode?

I drove 3/4 of the way in comfort, but I felt that for overtaking I really had to depress the accelerator quite a lot and also that it was a bit of an effort to increase speed.

I did not get to test Sport that much, but next time I think that I will do the whole journey in Sport, much more responsive.

I tested Eco Pro around the burbs, I know its to save petrol , but it really should be called "Limp Mode" , I won't use that again.

I keep on thinking...mmmmmhh... next car will be 340ix!!, but I suppose that's why BMW tuned it the way they did..... so you upgrade....Damn you BMW...

And what does Adaptive mode do , I have never used this ?

Thanks All

Cheerio
I always drive in adaptive (unless I want to use sport +) it Adapts to your driving style and roads. i.e. if you are taking it easy it will be like comfort and then when you floor it it moves into sport mode.

See this thread

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1695716

Ah thanks Tam

I will try Adaptive now , good link I must learn more about the features , will watch the video and report back
Appreciate 0