View Single Post
      11-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #5
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

FUCK. This is my exact color combo I want.

That looks DAMN good. Though I want slightly different wheels (I like the 797 bi-colors).

edit - ok, this seems to be the car :

https://www.morristownbmw.com/new-Mo...13AR02MCF66847

Uhhhh...their page is a bit off.

1. Engine : 4 cyl (but then on the options page is says straight 6 cylinder engine)
2. Hard to tell from the angle, but those do NOT look like the 848 bi-color wheels, they look like the cerium grey wheels (792M).
3. Tires : Rear All-season, front performance, front all-season, and rear performance? WTF, did someone put a different tire on every corner? Come on guys...this shit is basic data entry, it's not that difficult.
4. It stickers for $70k, but given how off they are on the basics like wheels, tires, and engine, I have 0 confidence that it actually has the wifi / wireless charging package, etc that would bring the MSRP up to $70k. I just specced a build on BMWusa.com (Build code : ec5k23qd) that includes the Tanzanite + Cognac, upgraded wheels to the 797, added the Parking Assistance Package, Premium Package, Wireless Charging / Wifi hotspot, HK surround sound, and Drive Recorder (none of which are listed options on the dealer website) and I'm still only coming in at $70,070 (WITH a $995 destination / handling fee) vs $70,120. Basically everything except the Executive package.

Sorry for nitpicking I guess but little errors like this make it nigh impossible for me to search inventory to work out a dealer trade or something.

Easiest solution imo would be to simply have the websites pull the options / spec list from the VIN and have the factory database accessible by dealerships. No more data entry or anything - however it gets built, that's what shows up. Makes filtering and searching easier on everyone.

Last edited by NorCalAthlete; 11-14-2020 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 0