Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I actually like and implement your approach when I'm chasing numbers. I'll add 5 lbs. a week to my 1RM until I hit my ceiling. On each of my 1RM days, my diet is completely dirty. I need all of the calories that I can muster. Eating right for the type of lifting you plan to do is as important as the exercises themselves.
Same. I can't physically eat that much low calorie food, so when I need to go big I usually wind up eating pretty nasty. I'm not a very big guy by any means, so I can only eat so much. I will still supplement by adding protein shakes. My go-to shake is almond milk, a big scoop of non-fat greek yogurt, a spoon of natural peanut butter, half of a banana, and chocolate whey protein powder. Blend it up and bam!

Another of my favorites is a spoon of chia seeds, a spoon of flax seed meal, non-fat greek yogurt, half a banana, half of an avocado, a scoop of protein powder, and a scoop of antioxidant powder. You can put all that in a bullet blender cup at night, then in the morning fill it with some almond milk and blend. Instant minute breakfast.