08-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #123
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchillps View Post
I went from an E92 335 to a Giulia TI. I'm in year 2 of my lease. I also went to the M Town event here last week and drove the M340i. A few things stood out in comparison.

1) The exhaust note/power is awesome.
2) The seats are extremely uncomfortable and small, almost 2-series size. No bolsters.
3) The materials are mediocre and overall interior design is bad.
4) The exterior is beautiful
5) The steering is not good

The Alfa's main advantages are comfort and steering. The steering is unbelievable, the sport seats are super nice, and it's an incredibly comfortable daily driver. The M340i is too close to an M3 and too far from a 330 and would probably be a rough daily driver.
I'm surprised you found the M340 uncomfortable, and the seats without support. I actually find the opposite. To me the M340 is a classic "grand tourer", in the old meaning of that phrase, i.e, from the days when Aston's or Jaguars were built to drive halfway across Europe and drop the owner off in time for a G&T in the bar (no, I'm not that old!). The M340 has the power and comfort to cover big distances without the driver getting overly fatigued, whilst it has enough "sportiness" to allow that driver to have some fun along the way.
Appreciate 0