United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
If you are that concerned, pick up a small home safe and leave your fobs in that. Unless you are in an incredibly unsafe neighborhood, your concern seems a bit overdone.
Not overly concerned nor do I stay in an unsafe neighbourhood but luxury cars are stolen by others and I was just wondering if this was an easy extra security step that might have been possible.
I have to agree Tam and your concerns are justified and it's getting worse. I live in what I would consider a safe neighbourhood until a few weeks ago when a neighbour was woken in the early hours with someone coming into her bedroom and took the car keys and car amongst other things even when her young infant son was in there.

I welcome any suggestions as last thing I want is my car taken but now have to put my work hat on!

I would recommend giving them what they want if they are in your house as I know of people who have been dragged to the car and made to engage kill switches, override immobilisers etc. If keys are In a safe they will force you to open it and they don't give a shit what it takes.

Deterrent is the best way such as CCTV, flood lights, physical barriers such as security posts. Anything what delays them and increases the risk of them being caught is a better deterrent.

Cars insured (or should be lol) so not worth getting anyone hurt!
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50