03-17-2020, 05:19 AM   #33
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I've been in virtually all cars, including multiple electrics (i.e. Tesla). Very fast. The torque is insane...even better than some of the craziest exotics I've been in. But Teslas are numb. They are artificial. They are quiet. The interiors SUCK. The ergonomics inside are awful.

Here is another analogy. Slow and noisy sex or fast and quiet sex? I'll take my slow, loud, manual transmission over that fast, quiet, numb Tesla for YEARS to come.
Slow and loud can be had in electric car if done right. I haven't been in one but tycan seems to be a good option. I am sure more cars will come to beat Tesla very soon. After all, they have to as Europe goes electric in like 15 years and for car industry that's like tomorrow.
I am actually surprised how BMW mismanaged their i brand. They had their i8 and i3 early on and nothing came out of it. Well maybe i4 will be it but seriously that i8 could have been the future for them if delivered right.