View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #110
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

OT but I was kinda correct about the “Sport gauges” on our cars. I did some quick 0-60/0-62 and 0-100 runs a few days ago and noticed that max torque shown on the gauge was the same as what was shown without the JB+. I thought I saw the max hp go only slightly above 240 on my stock car but I guess it went up a little bit more before I glanced at it when it was stock.
I joined another website that is very popular especially when it comes to mods and spoke to someone who works with BMS. They said the sport gauges will not show any changes since the car doesn’t know it is producing more power since it’s basically being tricked. That means the car shows the same readings it did when it was stock. Which is what I believed. I had a feeling since most of the remaps mention “recalibrating the sport gauges”. Which means the gauge basically changes only with throttle input and does not actually show the power it produces.
In essence, the sport gauge just makes us feel better, I guess? So unless you get a remap, the gauge will show the stock readings no matter what power the piggyback produces.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0